How to check GitHub email address and username in terminal?
📋 Table Of Content
In this post, we will see how to check GitHub email address and username from the terminal.
If you are signed in to your GitHub account on your computer but forgot your user account email address and username then follow the methods below to find your credentials easily.
To check the username and email of your Github account in your terminal we can use the
git config [user.name | user.email] command.
This method will work in both Mac and Windows.
Check GitHub username from terminal
To find you're signed in username from the terminal follow the steps:
Step 1 : Open your terminal or CMD in windows.
Step 2 : Type the following git command:
git config user.name
This will show you the signed-in username on your computer.
Check GitHub email from terminal
Step 1 : Open your terminal in windows or Mac.
Step 2 : Type the git command:
git config user.email
This will display the signed-in email.
- Check for prime number using for and while loop in Python
- Merge two dictionaries together using python (3 ways)
- Merge multiple JSON objects into one single object in Python
- Python - Check if list is empty or not
- Python - Insert an element at specific index in a list